What Your Instagram Marketing Should Look Like In 2021.
Here’s a fun fact you may or may not know — “There are approximately 7.9 billion people in the world and 1 billion actively use Instagram on a monthly basis.”
What does this bit of statistics tell us?
- That a whole lot of people use Instagram.
- To stand out from the crowd on Instagram, you need to be intentional with how you position yourself, or in this case how you position your business.
However, few people understand how the almighty Instagram algorithm works exactly so lots of business owners just keep pushing out content on there with the hope that something sticks.
Basically, people get why Instagram matters for their business, but they have a hard time figuring out how to make it work.
If you are in this category, you are in luck because we have collected solid, actionable tips for you on how you can ace your Instagram marketing game.
- Ensure your account is a business account: A business account gives you access to features you can’t use with a personal account such as Instagram Insights, Instagram ads, Primary and secondary messaging inboxes.
2. Optimize your profile: Your Instagram bio is your audience’s first point of contact with you. As such you need to ensure it’s captivating. Your Instagram bio should have the following;
- A website: A clickable URL you can change as often as you like (you can set up an online store for your business easily here)
- Category: A business feature that tells people what you are about.
- Contact info: Tell people where to find you.
- Call-to-action buttons: Give Instagrammers a way to interact with you directly from your profile page.
You also need to ensure you have a solid profile picture that encompasses what your business is about, usually a well-crafted logo.
3. Create visually compelling & engaging content: Instagram is a visual-oriented platform. Your posts simply have to look great for you to catch people’s attention and you need to be consistent with your post’s layout and feel so your audience can easily recognize it in their feed.
Not sure what to post? Here are a couple of ideas:
- Behind the scene posts of what it’s like running your business (a great format to present this is usually IG stories)
- Quote & text-based images.
- User-generated content (ask your audience what kind of content they’d love to see in relation to your business)
- Reels & IGTV Videos: Reels are a great way to experiment with your brand and create exciting content for your audience.
4. Use hashtags wisely: Hashtags are a great way to increase your visibility and discoverability, but you want to use hashtags that fit with your brand & targeted to your audience. Also, don’t use hashtags that are too popular eg. hashtags that have millions of posts associated with them. Your post is only visible for a split second before it’s swallowed by other posts that were added to the tag at the same time.
Lastly, buying followers for your account is not a great idea in 2021. In most cases, these followers are usually bot accounts sure to be flagged down by Instagram sooner or later. Focus on creating great content and engaging with your audience instead.
Want to learn more practical business tips? Come join our community here.